Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The thing about parking

I would just like to thank the guy who parked his little grey car outside my house. He parked it in front of my tragically narrow shared driveway and now neither my neighbors or I are going anywhere. My neighbor tried to leave first, honking her horn at first, hoping the park job was a quick fix. But on a Sunday at 11 a.m. no one wants to knock on every door in the neighborhood. After about 20 minutes of deliberation she resorted to calling the cops.

An hour or so later...
The cops came, gave the car a ticket and said the driver was from out of town aka likely college student. He assured us the tow truck was "en route" and he left.

Three hours later...

The police tow truck came. It hooked the car up, pushed it four feet, just enough to get it out of the path of the driveway and left it. Then it left.

Seriously? You've not only thrown a wrench in the day of one house full of people, but two, and all you get is a ticket? At any given moment there are no less than 60 cars parked on our street and somehow everyone else manages to avoid parking in front of the pathetic little driveways.

What's worse, the driver didn't return for the car until the next day meaning had we not called, we could have been stuck through Monday...eeek.

What really puzzles me about situations like this, is how confused the driver must have been when he returned to see a ticket on his car for parking poorly, when his car was now legally parked thanks to Mr. Tow Truck. Hmmm.



I'm sure the ticket was bad enough. Having your car towed would stink. But now that I think of it, being trapped in your house half the weekend stinks too... Maybe I'll send the photos to this website .